In Canada a student visa is often referred to as a ‘study permit’.
The following six steps outline how UIEF will guide you through the process of applying for a study permit in Canada.
Step 1: Visa advice
Step 2: Collate visa documents
Your UIEF counsellor will check all the documents you collate in support of your application for a study permit to Canada. The general sets of documents you will require for your study permit application comprises:
- Passport-size photographs
- Unconditional letter of acceptance
- Fees receipt (recommended)
- Scholarship letter (if applicable)
- Any relevant correspondence with the institution
- Financial documents
- Academic documents
- Test scores
- Work experience certificates (if applicable)
- Medical report (if already undertaken).
- Your UIEF counsellor will assist you to complete the study permit application forms.
Step 3: Check provincial guidelines
Step 4: Submit application through VFS Canada
Step 5: Provide additional information or documents
Step 6: Let you know the decision on your study permit application.