Whenever, you think of studying abroad in any country, knowing about education costs is essential. This section familiarises you with the cost of higher education in France.
Tuition Fee (EUR €)
The government sets annual tuition rates at public institutions. The rates for the academic year 2014–15 are, for any degree programme:
- €189 for licence programmes
- € 490 for engineering in public schools
- €261 for master’s programmes
- €396 for doctoral programmes
- €615 for programmes leading to the diplôme d’ingénieur
Tuition rates at private institutions—particularly schools of business and management—are generally higher (from €3,000 to €14,000 annually).
Accommodation (EUR €)
- Like elsewhere, living in towns is cheaper than cities in France. Accommodation costs in towns, if you are particularly considering private accommodation, may vary from €300 to €600 per month. University residence halls cost €100 to €150 per month.
- Food, transportation and other incidentals would cost around €350 to €500 per month.